Job Title: Sr. Manager, Social Media & Online Communities
Job ID: 101713
Job Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Regular
Manager Level: Senior Manager
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
As a key part of TD Ameritrade’s evolution to becoming a more social business, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy & framework for engaging clients and delivering meaningful business results by leveraging social media capabilities. Reporting to the Director, Social Media & Online Communities, this role will collaborate with and support a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts responsible for the development and continual optimization of social assets, programs, investments and methodologies. The successful candidate will be results driven ensuring a balance between the client experience, associate/ partner experience, and operational excellence.
Main Accountability 1: Build for the future by ensuring social recommendations and executions are scalable, sustainable, measurable and relevant to the firm’s business objectives & social media strategy.
- Holistic thought leadership, knowledge of and technical expertise across processes, platforms and rapidly evolving techniques of social media usage for client engagement and related purposes.
- Continuously investigate and evolve social engagement methods and develop new concepts and partnerships to optimize efforts in particular areas of client segmentation, acquisition, engagement, retention, research and new product development
- Support the syndication of social client engagement best practices and devote time to ongoing education & development of social media practitioners and ambassadors.
Main Accountability 2: Champion a fact-based, disciplined approach to optimizing client engagement efforts and investments through analyzing results data, leveraging web analytics, and social insights.
- Establish metrics to track progress against program objectives and define options for continual optimization of TDA’s social assets, engagement and investments.
- Work closely with project team members to gather and articulate lessons learned. Present evaluation findings, create options for next steps, package insights and overall strategic recommendations to leadership team
- Measure the impact of client facing social assets including “Peer-to-Peer / Brand Engagement” capability on TDA’s .com property. Help define the value of “communities” in TD’s pursuit to become a social business.
Main Accountability 3: Collaborate with functional and business partners and influence appropriate integration of social executions with online/offline program components, from planning phases through execution.
- Collaborate with functional and business partners and influence appropriate integration of social executions with online/offline program components, from planning phases through execution.
- Partner with Compliance/Privacy/Legal to ensure recommendations are in line with policies and that appropriate risk mitigation plans are established.
- Manage relationships and work with business leaders and technology partners in identifying business requirements, developing solutions and alternatives aligned to enterprise strategy, and sponsoring projects to build out business requirements.
- 4 year college degree plus 5+ years related experience required.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker, with strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Results driven ensuring a balance between the client experience, associate/ partner experience, and operational excellence
- 3 years+ demonstrated experience building and executing digital/social media programs across social networks/technologies and at large enterprise scale.
- History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term.
- Experience negotiating with and managing 3rd party vendors.
- Strong business acumen and ability to work effectively within a matrixed environment including demonstrated relationship building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to present to internal and external groups.
- Hands-on proficiency with current social media platforms.
- Deep understanding of the direction the interactive environment is going and the impact of social media across all digital channels.
- Highly analytical and strong understanding of performance metrics as they relate to Social investments. Should also have had exposure to the use of analytics for predictive modeling and process optimization methods such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Fundamental knowledge of the inter-relationship between social and areas outside of social (SEO, SEM, PPC, market research, mobile, and traditional media)
- Series 7 and 63 licenses may be required to be obtained.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program for those states requiring E-Verify. For additional information on this program please click here.
TD Ameritrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC/NFA is a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTD). TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company and the Toronto-Dominion Bank. © 2012 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.