Consultant, Data Stewardship
Data Stewards manage governed data within the business unit, while ensuring the highest level of data quality, protection, consistency, accuracy, and reliability. Provides input to policies, standards and procedures.
This role champions the objectives and goals of the Enterprise Data Governance Authority (EDGA) and Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) Program.
Data Stewards are responsible for managing and prioritizing activities to mitigate data quality risks and issues, interpreting EDM Policy and ensuring that the data in their respective functional area complies with enterprise Policies and Standards in demonstration of Policy compliance and Standards adoption.
This role supports the assigned Business Unit and Data Governance Officer by executing on all areas subject to data governance and overseeing all key initiatives
Responsibilities include identifying what elements should be managed as Critical Data Elements (CDEs), ensuring metadata is complete and accurate for each element, understanding and managing data quality of the data, and understanding the key processes that create and use the assigned data elements.
- Responsible for the data definition, lineage and data governance aspects of the BU/domain end to end from data definition and related metadata to data creation and consumption
- Define the data quality rules associated with all critical data elements (CDEs) assigned to the BU/domain and ensure monitoring is in place to manage quality.
- Manage Data Quality problems to closure and provide impact assessment/escalations to Data Governance Officers for data quality problem prioritization
- Collaborates with business, compliance and technology to ensure data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated, well understood and considered as part of initiative prioritization and planning
- Provide guidance within the BU on information sourcing, provisioning, consumption, standardization, and reporting & analytics
- Lead/participate in data related working groups
- Collaborates with Business (process) Stakeholders and Data Governance Officers to translate business requirements into appropriate data requirements. Partners with Information Architect(s) to provide subject matter advice in support of solution design for optimal integration with existing business processes
- Provides progress reports to DGOs/ Executive Management on the roadmap for data governance initiatives
- Key contact for data governance activities within the Business Unit (BU)
- Develops and Implements the Data Management Plan for their functional business area to ensure compliance with the TDA Data Management Policy and Data Standards
- Curate the partnership with source system owners, subject matter experts, and other data stewards to implement the data management strategy across their respective BU on behalf of their Data Governance Officer
- Socializes the capabilities for the Enterprise Data Governance program along with the rules for engagement and the enforcement of data policies and standards
- Execute proper management of a data quality testing function that serves as a First Line of Defense for their functional business area
- Guides understanding of data quality dimensions, data profiling, data tracing, metadata management, lineage, data quality business rules, the discipline of data quality testing and of root cause analysis for issue management and resolution
- Leads assessment of opportunities for data quality improvement including determination of business impact and scope of data quality issues, while identifying root causes and remedies
- Facilitates the resolution of data, information and processing challenges, which have an adverse impact on the operational environment and/or business performance.
- Coordinates communications regarding data quality program and project priorities in the BU/domain including adoption plans
- Propose indicators of performance and quality metrics and establishes a program to ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities and adoption requirements in their respected domains
- 4 year college degree required; Computer Science, Business/MIS preferred
- Prior business operations role with a data focus
- Experience working with SQL or other comparable query languages strongly preferred
- Experience with SAS programmng preferred
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in any of the following disciplines: Experience with data analysis and data quality assessment techniques, Capable of examining data trends to determine root cause variations, Skilled in conceptualizing, documenting and presenting creative solutions
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with ability to understand business and technical functions, quality -assurance methods,
- Process knowledge of CDE / data life cycle activities, such as lineage, definition and data, ability to assess impacts to the data elements, preferred
- Ability to manage a complex workload which includes multiple tasks and conflicting priorities with minimal supervision
- Proven critical thinking skills to scope and frame problems
- Displays excellent judgment to understand and support business driven solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with technology and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build relationships
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
- Omaha, Nebraska; Omaha, Missouri; Omaha, New Jersey
- ID# 2019-24617
- Regular Full-Time
Job alerts and talent community Receive the latest career opportunities and news
Whether you are ready to apply today or exploring future opportunities, join our talent community to stay up to date with news and job opportunities.Sign up for the talent community
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.