Business Support Specialist - Altamonte Springs, FLApply now
The Business Support Specialist (BSS) at TD Ameritrade will assess, assist, and advise existing and prospective clients in the selection of products and services best suited to meet their financial goals. In addition, the BSS will work directly with an assigned Senior Financial Consultant (SFC) to assist in the penetration of that client assignment book and provide support in the ongoing servicing and sale to those clients. The BSS will work collaboratively with their assigned SFC to provide and ensure highest levels of service and positive experience to our clients.
- Work with BM and assigned SFC to establish and meet and/or exceed the Business Support Specialist targets on both a quarterly and annual basis across all facets of the TDA product and service platform
- Partner with their assigned SFC and branch team to achieve designated customer satisfaction goals (CSI)
- Display a sense of urgency and focus toward results delivery, asset growth and retention. Offer the same range of products as the Senior Financial Consultant including Gross, Guidance Solutions, Education and Fixed Income according to the parameters set up with assigned SFC.
- Identify, execute and follow-up on all opportunities to establish customer relationships including prospecting and lead utilization
- Responsible for driving customer appointments and phone sale opportunities to the assigned SFC
- Anticipates customer needs and concerns, and maintains knowledge of problems and issues facing the customer
- Analyzes and interprets customers’ financial circumstances and investment objectives in light of various factors. Advises customers on advantages and disadvantages of various investment products
- Positions appropriate products -- through balanced presentations -- to each client’s current needs and long term financial strategy
- Places high priority on client satisfaction, builds and cultivates long term relationships Provide and demonstrate solid portfolio planning skills and comprehensive industry and investment knowledge Applies knowledge of products/services, customer needs, and technology to capitalize on opportunities
- Understands the TDA business model, and uses that knowledge to optimize the relationship between the company and the customer
- Proactively seeks opportunities to learn more about TDA’s business and stays current with financial industry and market trends
- Assists clients with check deposits, stock certificate deposits and paperwork. Responsible for timely and accurate record-keeping of all corresponding Branch blotters
- Adheres to all compliance/risk procedures, follows corporate and industry protocols, and acts in a manner which protects the interests of the customer and TDA at all times
- Demonstrates proficiency in the utilization of the TAOS contact management system, and is committed to the integrity and accuracy of all client information and data
- Models and exhibits self-imposed high standards, integrity and ethical behavior at all times
- Focused on the achievement of better results and continuous improvement and responds effectively to changing circumstances
- Displays commitment to excellence through self-development, and applies feedback to improve performance
- Conveys information clearly and effectively in both individual and group settings
- Listens well and is adaptable to the open expression of ideas and opinions
- Has a comprehensive understanding of customers, and is able to adapt approach and style effectively to achieve communications goals and convey key messages
- Builds positive relationships with peers, business partners, and colleagues while working effectively with others to accomplish organizational goals
- Works and interacts within the team environment in a manner that respects the needs and contributions of others
- Provides direct support to the Branch, assisting with clients with account questions, issues, problem resolution, and escalations. Works with Investment Consultants to communicate solutions either directly or indirectly with clients
- Acts as an onsite dedicated service expert on a wide range of client issues. Researches and resolves client issues in cooperation with back office partners
- Participate in projects to improve processes and enhance the client experience
- 4 Year College Degree preferred
- 1-2 total related experience
- Fully licensed registered representative Series 7 (Registered Representative) and Series 66 (State Securities Registration) with TD Ameritrade, Inc. preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous environment while meeting all sales/service demands
- Possess advanced analytical skills with the ability to prioritize complex tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work well in high pressure, fast-paced situations
- Displays the confidence, skill and professionalism demanded to resolve critical issues in a manner that strengthens the client relationship and mitigates risk for the firm
- Must have a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to use good judgment in line with TD Ameritrade’s policies and procedures when managing relationships
- Perform duties with minimal supervision and sound judgment
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must demonstrate a positive and professional image at all times
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and succeed in a dynamic work setting
- Series 7
- Series 66 (or 63/65)
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
- Altamonte Springs, Florida;
- ID# R-309
- Full time
- First Level Professional
- Permanent Employee
Job alertsReceive the latest career opportunities
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.