Front End Developer, ReactJS Contract PositionApply now
This is a Non-Employee Contractual Worker or Temporary Worker providing services for TD Ameritrade. This Non-Employee role will be employed by TD Ameritrade’s preferred 3rd Party Supplier only.
The anticipated, but not guaranteed, term of this engagement will be 6 months. This term could be extended based on company business needs or terminated at any time.
This position will also be based in either Jersey City or Ann Arbor. Fully Remote worker is not an option.
The Cloud Platforms team develops software to automate and manage the infrastructure and services leveraged by TD Ameritrade business applications. This includes providing shared services such as authorization, logging, and application configuration management; application SDLC tools and workflows to manage the process from requirements to development to testing and deployment; and automation and inventory to provision the infrastructure itself. The Software Developer role is responsible for full stack, hands-on development of applications and services. As part of this role, this person will be expected to participate in system design and work with other team members in the full lifecycle from concept to production. This role will serve as an SME on a particular system or application and will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and the needs of the client. This role will mentor and lead junior level developers on specific modules while ensuring development practices are in line with company best practices and policies
- Hands on development of applications and services
- Leads moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provides code reviews of various development tasks
- Implements automated unit and integration tests and ensures the practice is followed consistently
- Participates in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, webpack
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Familiarity with Application UX Designs
- Unix / Linux experience
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working with and collaborating with teams
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Be able to create and articulate design / implementation options and tradeoff to peers, tech leads, and management
- Ability to clearly document application designs and the related management and support procedures
- Ability to understand all phases of SDLC
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new / emerging technologies as required
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes without a signed contract and use of the agency portal. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Ann Arbor, Michigan; Jersey City, New Jersey;
- ID# R-307
- Full time
- Permanent Employee
Job alertsReceive the latest career opportunities
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.