Trainee, Retail Trading SpecialistApply now
This position is located in Chicago, IL. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, all roles, including new hires, will continue to train and work from home temporarily while social distancing measures are in place. Once determined by our leadership that we can safely support the return of our Employees, those hired into this role will be expected to begin reporting to the Chicago office.
Do you love helping others?
Are you committed to doing the right thing?
Are you interested in learning and increasing your financial knowledge and experience?
Then this Retail Trading Trainee could be the role for you! We are hiring for multiple shifts and training starts DECEMBER 2020.
We are seeking enthusiastic, curious, and motivated individuals to start their career journey in Financial services. We’ll even provide paid training for your Series 7 and 63 licenses. Why, you ask,… because we believe investing in our associates is essential for investing in our future.
Our commitment to helping you grow goes further than training. Your goals are just as important to us as they are to you. We offer a supportive environment, where we value the unique view every employee brings to our team.
TD Ameritrade is a leading provider of investing technology and education, enabling traders to build and execute their investing strategies and processing more trades per day than any other financial services firm.
This entry level Retail Trading Trainee supports TD Ameritrade’s highest revenue generating, most sophisticated retail active trader clients. Retail Trading Professionals handle phone calls (inbound and outbound) and chats in a fast paced, market sensitive environment. Duties include order entry, trading platform tutorials, relationship building and management, risk analysis, and management and mentorship of clients through education on strategies and products.
Our Chicago HQ is located on the Chicago river at 600 W. Chicago Ave in the “Groupon building”, which is a renovated warehouse… not your typical corporate office setting. We’re a few minutes from the Red, Brown and Purple Line Chicago Metra/CTA stations with an outstanding view of the Chicago river. We offer a free shuttle service to Union Station and Oglivie and catered lunches each day. With approx. 300 associates in this location, associates get to experience working for an industry leader with highly engaged co-workers within a close-knit office.
- Provide direct, real-time trader support to our retail active trader client segment
- Master and teach the firm’s most complex trading platforms (including, but not limited to: thinkorswim, and Mobile Trader) to help clients harness and maximize TDA technology
- Analyze and interpret client positions and market conditions to proactively present advantages and disadvantages of various strategies to find the best solutions for our clients
- Utilize trading experience to coach clients on best market practices including, but not limited to efficient order execution
- Mentor clients and convey margin rules and calculations on derivative (options) positions and risk management
- Leverage industry knowledge and platform expertise to deliver well-positioned leads to branches and other business partners
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of stocks preferred and a strong interest in the securities industry and capital markets
- Must have necessary sense of urgency and strong judgment and prioritization skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner to clients and associates
- Series 7, 63 (or equivalent) with registration in all 50 states, or the capability to acquire them within the prescribed training plan upon hire
- Military education, or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
- Chicago, Illinois;
- ID# R-3197
- Full time
- Support Level
- Permanent Employee
Get Job Alerts and Introduce YourselfReceive the latest career opportunities
Don’t see anything of interest? Then Introduce Yourself! Upload your resume into onto our database so our recruiters can match your core competencies and experience to future open roles.Introduce yourself today
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.