Application Support Engineer, Contract PositionsApply now
TD Ameritrade provides securities brokerage services and related technology-based financial services to retail investors, traders and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs).
We are currently hiring contractors for ongoing support roles in our Order Management technology department. We are seeking Application Support Engineers with Java experience to be responsible for ensuring TD Ameritrade’s software applications operate efficiently and execute successfully to meet fast-paced and complex client and business needs.
This position involves production support and code analysis work focused on the operational characteristics of TD Ameritrade enterprise software applications.
- Implement complex solutions to all known/documented production incidents
- Define and implement new solutions for unknown production incidents of moderate to high complexity
- Interface with L1 and L2 support groups, providing assistance and guidance as required
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests from business partners for system/database updates or queries to support company operations
- Provide off-hours support on a rotational basis
- Verify accuracy and completeness of documented solutions to production incidents
- Analyze application code logic to determine root causes of complex production incidents
- Define and document software requirement changes necessary to fix root causes of production incidents
- Implement moderate to high complexity code changes that resolve root causes of incidents or enhance operational characteristics (resilience, scalability, etc.) to applications that support business operations and client activity.
- Install, maintain, and customize vendor built software that is utilized by development and support teams.
- Design and develop in-house built applications and tools that streamline development and support processes.
- 2-3+ years related experience with 4+ years total experience
- Object Oriented Development principles
- Understanding of Java (Spring)
- SQL (preferably Oracle experience)
- Working in a Linux environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- General knowledge of Java and Object Oriented Analysis & Design principles
- Linux scripting or server administration
- Basic network administration skills
- Agile / DevOps principles and tools
- Familiarity with ITIL Framework
- Knowledge/familiarity of a wide range of other programming languages/frameworks (Java, Spring, Angular, Node.js, etc.)
- Knowledge/familiarity of a wide range of persistence products/technologies (SQL/NoSQL, Oracle, OEM, MongoDB, App Dynamics, Splunk, etc.)
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY TODAY to be among the first considered as new contract opportunities arise matching your profile!
This is a Non-Employee Contractual Worker or Temporary Worker providing services for TD Ameritrade. This role will be employed by TD Ameritrade’s preferred 3rd Party Supplier only.
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes without a signed contract and use of the agency portal. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Omaha, Nebraska;
- ID# R-614
- Full time
- Mid-Level Professional
- Contract Assignment
Job alertsReceive the latest career opportunities
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.