Full-Stack Software Engineer, Contract PositionsApply now
TD Ameritrade provides securities brokerage services and related technology-based financial services to retail investors, traders and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs).
During our pending acquisition with Charles Schwab, we are building a talent community for short and long term contract opportunities. Our Order Management Applications group is currently hiring Full-Stack Software Engineer contract positions to be responsible for performing analysis and development tasks for TD Ameritrade’s Order Management Applications and systems.
- Committed. Our commitment to building an engaging and interesting culture where our developers can continually learn and grow is one of our highest priorities.
- Approachable. Ideas come from every associate at every level. We take the time to really listen to developer’s ideas no matter what your title or position is.
- Casual. Business casual dress code. Open and collaborative work spaces. Fun social and community related activities and events. Work-life balance.
- Technologically Advanced. Mobile. Modern Web. Flexible APIs. Streaming Solutions. Social Media. Agile. Fast.
- Results Oriented. Quarterly bonuses. Career Advancement. Continuous Software Delivery.
Placing orders is at the center of what we do. As a Software Engineer, you will be designing and developing solutions that enhance the TD Ameritrade Order Management System. You will be responsible for ensuring the system capabilities and quality around order placement & retrieval, balance calculations, positions as well as multiple lower-level system activities.
A successful candidate will have an interest in developing solutions for a complex, robust system, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Performs product design tasks of a low, moderate or high complexity which may require research and analysis
- Works independently or collectively on design tasks
- Performs system design and specification development
- Program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging and documentation
- Specific skill requirements could vary based on the type of development being performed
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards
- May lead discussions with the business and with business analyst
- Will work in conjunction with other developers
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review
- Implement and maintain application software while following best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle
- 3-4+ years Modern Web Development Experience
- 2+ years experience with Functional Programming and Design
- 1-2 years experience of Angular & TypeScript required
- 2-3+ years experience of Java
- 2-3+ years experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with REST principles and methods experience
- 2+ years experience with Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies required
- Good knowledge of optimizing client side and browser performance
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Mac
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns
- Financial services experience nice to have
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn essential
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with real time, high volume transaction systems
- Experience using Git, Gitflow, Bitbucket and Jira
- Experience with TDD, Karma, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha, JUnit, Protractor and other testing libraries
- Experience with Node.js, Express, Gulp, Browserify, WebPack, Jenkins and Continuous Integration
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY TODAY to be among the first considered as new contract opportunities arise matching your profile!
This is a Non-Employee Contractual Worker or Temporary Worker providing services for TD Ameritrade. This role will be employed by TD Ameritrade’s preferred 3rd Party Supplier only.
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes without a signed contract and use of the agency portal. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Omaha, Nebraska;
- ID# R-495
- Full time
- Mid-Level Professional
- Contract Assignment
Job alertsReceive the latest career opportunities
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.