Java DeveloperApply now
TD Ameritrade is an industry leading innovator in financial services technology. We help our clients invest in their dreams, while we invest in our associates. Our success is directly related to the ideas, innovation, passion and skill of our people. Come make a difference at TD Ameritrade!
Committed. Our commitment to building an engaging and interesting culture where our people can continually learn and grow, is one of our highest priorities.
Approachable. Ideas come from every associate at every level. We take the time to really listen to developer’s ideas no matter your title or position.
Casual. Casual dress code. Open and collaborative work spaces. Fun social and community related activities and events. Work-life balance.
Technologically Advanced. Mobile. Modern Web. Flexible APIs. Streaming Solutions. Social Media. Continuous Software Delivery.
Results Oriented. Agile. Product Driven. Career Advancement.
Buying 100 shares of your favorite stock takes only a few clicks in a browser. But have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes; about the hundreds of decisions and network conversations that occur in order to complete that transaction? Would you like to find out? The Java Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining our high transaction, low latency trading system developed in Java. We are looking for a highly motivated technician who wants to make an impact.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to add or update system functionality
- Interpret business requirements and programming specifications.
- Develop and maintain Server Side JAVA Middle Office applications that handle core business logic related TD Ameritrade’s trading systems.
- 2+ years Core Java development
- 1+ Relational Database SQL and JDBC (Oracle preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working on core business logic within applications
- Familiar with concurrent programming in Java
- Familiar with Spring framework
- Familiar with utilizing an ORM
- 2+ years Object Oriented Development
- 1+ years source control system
- Experience in Unix or Linux environments
- BS in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with High-Volume, low latency, real-time, On-Line Transaction Processing
- Experience with Oracle Coherence
- Knowledge of business logic related to the brokerage industry and financial calculations
- Familiarity and experience with Gang of Four Design patterns
- Familiarity with development tools such as: JIRA, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Confluence, Sonar, JUnit, Gradle and Splunk
- JMS Experience
- Agile team experience
- Omaha, Nebraska;
- ID# R-3855
- Full time
- Mid-Level Professional
- Permanent Employee
Get Job Alerts and Introduce YourselfReceive the latest career opportunities
Don’t see anything of interest? Then Introduce Yourself! Upload your resume into onto our database so our recruiters can match your core competencies and experience to future open roles.Introduce yourself today
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.
Both TD Ameritrade and Schwab have been consistently recognized as best places to work.
The combined company will carry on this heritage, offering opportunities for you to build and grow a meaningful career.