Retail Trading RepresentativeApply now
Do you love helping others?
Are you committed to doing the right thing?
Are you interested in learning and increasing your financial knowledge and experience?
Then this Retail Trading Representative could be the role for you! We are hiring for multiple shifts and training starts OCTOBER 19, 2020.
We are seeking enthusiastic, curious, and motivated individuals to start their career journey in Financial services. We’ll even provide paid training for your Series 7 and 63 licenses. Why, you ask,… because we believe investing in our associates is essential for investing in our future.
Our commitment to helping you grow goes further than training. Your goals are just as important to us as they are to you. We offer a supportive environment, where we value the unique view every employee brings to our team. TD Ameritrade is a leading provider of investing technology and education, enabling traders to build and execute their investing strategies and processing more trades per day than any other financial services firm.
This entry level Retail Trading Representative role supports TD Ameritrade’s highest revenue generating, most sophisticated retail active trader clients. Retail Trading Professionals handle phone calls (inbound and outbound) and chats in a fast paced, market sensitive environment. Duties include order entry, trading platform tutorials, relationship building and management, risk analysis, and management and mentorship of clients through education on strategies and products.
- Provide direct, real-time support to the firm’s most active client segment.
- Apply sound judgment and ownership in researching and solving elaborate and unique non-trading inquiries(account maintenance, login support, etc.).
- Utilize advanced level of skill and experience to coach clients on market best practices.
- Master and teach clients how to use the firms most complex trading platforms (including but not limited to: Thinkorswim, Mobile Trader, and Thinkorswim Web) allowing clients to harness and maximize TDA technology to increase their trading sophistication.
- Analyze and interpret client positions and market conditions to urgently present advantages and disadvantages of various strategies, allowing clients to find best solutions for their trading situation.
- Mentor clients around margin rules and calculations on equity and option positions and risk management.
- Perform multiple tasks at one time, including address client inquiries through multiple channels (telephone, electronic chat, and/or email).
- Effectively Identify gaps in client knowledge, and proactively teach, for the purpose of preventing or limiting future client losses, enhancing their confidence and profit potential, and positively impacting client retention, and loyal customers.
- Serve as consultant and resource to other TD Ameritrade service teams on all matters related to the markets, equities trading and derivatives trading, including de-escalation of oral and written complaints.
- Identify best trading tools to suit client’s style and strategy and deliver unparalleled education.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. (Or relevant experience in lieu of).
- Excellent Client Service Skills.
- Are motivated to learn about the securities industry, including the basic principles of equity trading, derivatives, and portfolio/risk management.
- Displays the confidence, skill and professionalism demanded by active traders to resolve time-sensitive, and possible costly issues in a manner that strengthens the client relationship and mitigates risk for the firm.
- Must have necessary sense of urgency, ability to multi task in serving multiple clients at one time, and strong judgment and prioritization skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to teach complex concepts to clients and associates of varying levels of expertise.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.
- Omaha, Nebraska;
- ID# R-2475
- Full time
- Support Level
- Permanent Employee
Get Job Alerts and Introduce YourselfReceive the latest career opportunities
Don’t see anything of interest? Then Introduce Yourself! Upload your resume into onto our database so our recruiters can match your core competencies and experience to future open roles.Introduce yourself today
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.