Retail Trading SpecialistApply now
The Retail Trading Specialist will serve TD Ameritrade’s largest segment of active trading clients in our “Trade Desk” environment. Specialists handle inbound and outbound calls, and inbound chats, in a fast-paced, market-sensitive environment, which requires the ability to multitask in handling multiple clients simultaneously. Duties include order entry, client and firm risk analysis and management, relationship building and management, and counsel, software tutorials, mentorship of clients through education on our most complex strategies and products, and gathering assets through negotiation, education, and cross-sell opportunities.
The goal is to help clients develop their trading expertise and grow their portfolios by imparting the knowledge and supporting the tools these actively engaged clients use to make them a more sophisticated, successful self-directed investor. Associates in this position will learn an advanced level of knowledge of trading equities, derivatives (options, futures), and foreign exchange for not only our clients, but also within Retail Trading, Retail Sales, Investor Services, Retail Support and Marketing.
Look and Feel:
The Trade Desk is unlike any office you’ve seen before. Our area features wide open spaces so you can see clear across the trading floor, TV’s everywhere so you can see the news, low sided desks to allow you to collaborate and troubleshoot client issues with peers. Our close-knit culture means that you will see friends in nearly every break room. Every associate has 3 monitors to manage the flow of information, a sit/stand desk to promote comfort/activity, and easy access to managers who sit on the row with you.
- Provide direct, real-time support to the firm’s most active client segment.
- Apply sound judgment and ownership in researching and solving elaborate and unique non-trading inquiries(account maintenance, login support, etc.).
- Utilize advanced level of skill and experience to coach clients on market best practices.
- Master and teach clients how to use the firms most complex trading platforms (including but not limited to: Thinkorswim, Mobile Trader, and Thinkorswim Web) allowing clients to harness and maximize TDA technology to increase their trading sophistication.
- Analyze and interpret client positions and market conditions to urgently present advantages and disadvantages of various strategies, allowing clients to find best solutions for their trading situation.
- Mentor clients around margin rules and calculations on equity and option positions and risk management.
- Perform multiple tasks at one time, including address client inquiries through multiple channels (telephone, electronic chat, and/or email).
- Effectively Identify gaps in client knowledge, and proactively teach, for the purpose of preventing or limiting future client losses, enhancing their confidence and profit potential, and positively impacting client retention, and loyal customers.
- Serve as consultant and resource to other TD Ameritrade service teams on all matters related to the markets, equities trading and derivatives trading, including de-escalation of oral and written complaints.
- Identify best trading tools to suit client’s style and strategy and deliver unparalleled education.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. (Or relevant experience in lieu of).
- Excellent Client Service Skills.
- Are motivated to learn about the securities industry, including the basic principles of equity trading, derivatives, and portfolio/risk management.
- Displays the confidence, skill and professionalism demanded by active traders to resolve time-sensitive, and possible costly issues in a manner that strengthens the client relationship and mitigates risk for the firm.
- Must have necessary sense of urgency, ability to multi task in serving multiple clients at one time, and strong judgment and prioritization skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to teach complex concepts to clients and associates of varying levels of expertise.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.
- Southlake, Texas;
- ID# R-3149
- Full time
- First Level Professional
- Permanent Employee
Get Job Alerts and Introduce YourselfReceive the latest career opportunities
Don’t see anything of interest? Then Introduce Yourself! Upload your resume into onto our database so our recruiters can match your core competencies and experience to future open roles.Introduce yourself today
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.