Retail Trading Specialist (licensed) - Southlake, TXApply now
At TD Ameritrade, the health and safety of our employees is our highest priority. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, all roles, including new hires, will continue to train and work from home while our company’s social distancing measures are in place.
Do you have a passion for the financial markets?
Do you want to expand your knowledge in Trading and supporting clients with their complex financial needs?
Are you committed to doing the right thing?
Then the Retail Trading Specialist role is the role for you!
We are seeking Series 7 and 63 Licensed candidates, who are enthusiastic, curious, and are motivated individuals who want to continue their career journey in Financial services at TD Ameritrade.
Our commitment to helping you grow goes further than training. Your goals are just as important to us as they are to you. We offer a supportive environment, where we value the unique view every employee brings to our team.
TD Ameritrade is a leading provider of investing technology and education, enabling traders to build and execute their investing strategies and processing more trades per day than any other financial services firm.
The Retail Trading Specialist will serve TD Ameritrade’s largest segment of active trading clients in our “Trade Desk” environment. Specialists handle inbound and outbound calls, and inbound chats, in a fast-paced, market-sensitive environment, which requires the ability to multitask in handling multiple clients simultaneously. Duties include order entry, client and firm risk analysis and management, relationship building and management, and counsel, software tutorials, mentorship of clients through education on our most complex strategies and products, and gathering assets through negotiation, education, and cross-sell opportunities.
The goal is to help clients develop their trading expertise and grow their portfolios by imparting the knowledge and supporting the tools these actively engaged clients use to make them a more sophisticated, successful self-directed investor. Associates in this position will possess an advanced level of knowledge of trading equities, derivatives (options, futures), and foreign exchange for not only our clients, but also within Retail Trading, Retail Sales, Investor Services, Retail Support and Marketing.
- Counsel and advise professional-level trader clients.
- Provide direct, real-time support to the firm’s most active client segment.
- Utilize advanced level of skill and experience to coach clients on market best practices.
- Master and teach clients how to use the firms most complex trading platforms (including but not limited to: Thinkorswim and Mobile Trader) allowing clients to harness and maximize TDA technology to increase their trading sophistication.
- Analyze and interpret client positions and market conditions to urgently present advantages and disadvantages of various strategies, allowing clients to find best solutions for their trading situation.
- Mentor clients around margin rules and calculations on equity and option positions and risk management.
- Perform multiple tasks at one time, including address client inquiries through multiple channels (telephone, electronic chat, and/or email).
- Serve multiple demanding trader clients and associates simultaneously to create a superior level of productivity relative to all other client-facing associates
- Effectively Identify gaps in client understanding, and proactively addressing said gaps, for the purpose of preventing or limiting future client losses, enhancing their confidence and profit potential, and positively impacting client retention, and loyal customers
- Serve as consultant and resource to other TD Ameritrade service teams on all matters related to the markets, equities trading and derivatives trading, including de-escalation of oral and written complaints.
- Apply sound judgment and ownership in researching and solving elaborate and unique trading and non-trading issues, serving as a single point of contact for clients when necessary.
- Identify best trading tools to suit client’s style and strategy and deliver unparalleled education
- Interact with business partners to prospect and retain high-revenue generating trader clients.
- Grow business through asset gathering and product cross-sell while retaining assets through client confidence and loyalty.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree required. (Or relevant experience in lieu of).
- Years Related Experience: Minimum 2 years., Preferred 5+ years.
Series 7, 63 (or equivalent), required with registration in all 50 states.
Series 3 and 34 preferred.
Series 4 and 24 a plus.
- Minimum two years trading experience as broker and/or equivalent level of knowledge of securities industry and derivatives trading.
- Extensive knowledge of FINRA sanctioned trading rules, TD Ameritrade Brokerage's internal trading policies and procedures, TD Ameritrade Clearing's functions.
- Advanced trader level of expertise in equities, complex option strategy and risk, market structure and a detailed knowledge of the securities industry and capital markets.
- Displays the confidence, skill and professionalism demanded by active traders to resolve time-sensitive, and possible costly issues in a manner that strengthens the client relationship and mitigates risk for the firm.
- Must have necessary sense of urgency, ability to multi task in serving multiple clients at one time, and strong judgment and prioritization skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to teach relate complex concepts to clients and associates of varying levels of expertise.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.
- Southlake, Texas;
- ID# R-2029
- Full time
- First Level Professional
- Permanent Employee
Get Job Alerts and Introduce YourselfReceive the latest career opportunities
Don’t see anything of interest? Then Introduce Yourself! Upload your resume into onto our database so our recruiters can match your core competencies and experience to future open roles.Introduce yourself today
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.