Investor Services Internship - Spring 2021 (St. Louis, MO)Apply now
At TD Ameritrade, the health and safety of our employees is our highest priority. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, all roles, including new hires, will continue to train and work from home while our company’s social distancing measures are in place.
This is a paid opportunity that begins on January 19, 2021 (the day after Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) and extends until April 30, 2021. Shift is from 8 AM – Noon, Monday-Friday.
This position is a great entry level opportunity for Juniors or Seniors to gain exposure to the brokerage industry, with potential for full time employment upon your Graduation in either a Service, Sales, or Trade Desk role. While this Internship is within the Finance industry, students of all backgrounds will be considered.
The primary skills needed are an open-mind to new experiences, a passion for helping others, a desire to exceed client service expectations, and an interest in learning more about the Financial Services industry. As one of the largest trade volume broker-dealers in the world, you will get an in-depth view of what it takes to work for a trading centric firm.
As an Investor Services Intern, you will gain a meaningful understanding of multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry. Our Internship opportunity is designed to show you TD Ameritrade CAREERS – Collaboration, Academic knowledge, Real-world Education & Experience, Roundtables & Shadowing.
As a member of a high-caliber team of Interns, you will work together throughout the Spring semester. The program Capstone is a group case-study project and Final presentation(s) to Senior Management.
In addition to the training you’ll receive to learn how to exceed the expectations of TD Ameritrade clients, you will receive financial knowledge to help with your own investing.
Real-world Experience & Education
You will not only receive the training necessary to assist TD Ameritrade clients, you will also apply what you learned in a real-world setting by assisting TD Ameritrade clients via phone, and potentially assist with other real-world situations as well. You will also receive personal/professional development opportunities.
Roundtables & Shadowing
Your learning experience is highlighted by roundtable interactions with multiple leaders and business partners, as well as the opportunity to shadow and learn about many departments at TD Ameritrade - including equity and options trading, client service, sales, brokerage clearing, and various other supporting segments of TD Ameritrade.
With our CAREERS approach, you will have the chance to truly see a ‘Day in the Life of’ a TD Ameritrade associate. ‘Learn a ton, while you have some fun.’
- Provide direct, real-time support to TD Ameritrade clients via inbound phone calls in a fast-paced, market-sensitive environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to provide the highest level of client service
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, associates, mentors and management through both verbal and written correspondence
- Work as a member of a high-caliber team to solve problems
- This position is targeted to Juniors and Seniors currently enrolled in local universities, but Freshmen and Sophomores will also be considered.
- All majors will be considered if student can demonstrate a strong desire to work in a Client Service environment and learn more about the Financial Services industry
- Two years of experience working in a service-oriented role is a plus, but not required
- An understanding of basic Internet operations and knowledge of Windows based programs which require intermediate computer skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand computer systems and applications
- Ability to make decisions and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and efficiently organize work
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience
- St Louis, Missouri;
- ID# R-3303
- Part time
- Permanent Employee
Get Job Alerts and Introduce YourselfReceive the latest career opportunities
Don’t see anything of interest? Then Introduce Yourself! Upload your resume into onto our database so our recruiters can match your core competencies and experience to future open roles.Introduce yourself today
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.