Financial Consultant - Washington DC
Better Begins Here
Do you enjoy building and maintaining authentic, long lasting client relationships? Are you competitive and do you thrive in an environment where you are fairly compensated for your achievements? We are looking for a self-motivated financial professional that is passionate about connecting with clients, collaborating with others and achieving their personal and professional goals while contributing to those of TD Ameritrade. As part of our financial consulting team, we will provide you an existing book of TDA clients and the opportunity to work with diverse existing clients. We offer more than just self-directed investment services! Our employees continuously advise and educate our clients on a wide range of services including, Goal Planning, recommendations of TD Ameritrade Investment Management Services, and complete wealth management portfolios.
Better Begins with You
A Day in the Life of a Financial Consultant
Start your day with an energizing and encouraging huddle with your team, capturing goals, best practices and areas of focus for the day. Organically build practice leveraging full spectrum of guidance solutions, goal based planning tool, and discussing key wealth management issues for clients above $250K. Execute contact management strategy with clients below $100k to maximize daily opportunities and to grow clients into book of business. Assess clients’ financial circumstances and investment objectives. Advise clients on advantages and disadvantages of various investment products. Place high priority on client satisfaction and cultivate long term client relationships. Provide a superior client experience to achieve client advocacy. Adhere to all compliance/risk procedures, follow corporate and industry protocols, and protect the interest of the client and TDA at all times.
- Deep commitment to client satisfaction and TDA Core Values
- Minimum of 1 year within financial services industry with investment based sales or relationship management experience
- Strong experience in building interpersonal relationships with clients, prospects and business partners
- Proven success in positioning and presenting appropriate solutions and strategies for clients based on TDA’s product offering
- Ability to communicate investment strategies in a clear and concise manner to retail clients and business partners that enables clients to make informed investment decisions
- Experience presenting investment strategies to retail clients and business partners through face-to-face and phone meetings
- Proactive team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and computer skills
- FINRA Series 7 license preferred
- FINRA Series 66 (63/65) license (may be obtained - condition of employment)
- CFP beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirement
- Candidates who qualify for this role might have title and job responsibilities similar to: Financial Advisor, Wealth Management Advisor, Wealth Management, Financial Planner, Financial Planning, Investment Advisor
Help us achieve our mission to empower investors by leveling the playing field. Stand on the side of the client, break down barriers, and inspire and educate your clients by delivering simple, personal, and straight-forward solutions.
- Washington D.C., District of Columbia;
- ID# 2019-24574
- Regular Full-Time
- Mid Level Professional
Job alerts and talent community Receive the latest career opportunities and news
Whether you are ready to apply today or exploring future opportunities, join our talent community to stay up to date with news and job opportunities.Sign up for the talent community
About TD Ameritrade
As a leader in brokerage and investment services for nearly 45 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and boosting our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions, and a national branch system. Combine that with some of the industry's brightest minds, and there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, our technology is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology that aims to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits, and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please click here.